Why Mobile Matter
Google had done research on mobile and some of the finding are:
- By 2013 more people will use their cell phone than PC to get online
- Mobile searches have grown by 4 times since 2010
- There will be one mobile device for every person on earth by 2015
- Global mobile data traffic should grow 26x in over next 5 years
- 71 percent of smartphone users that see TV, press or online ad, do a mobile search for more information.
- Many mobile Web users are mobile-only, i.e. they do not, or very rarely also use a desktop, laptop or tablet to access the Web
“Mobile is clearly becoming a new way people shop…[ebay has] nearly tripled mobile GMV (gross merchandiser value) year-over-year to nearly $2 billion. In 2011,we expect mobile GMV to double to $4 billion.“ John Donahoe, President & CEO e bay
Reasons why you should have Mobile Website
- 60% of users expect a mobile website to load in three seconds or less
- 71% of users expect a mobile website to load as fast as a desktop website
- 78% users will retry a site two times or less if it does not load initially
- But 79 percent of large online advertisers still do not have a mobile optimized site
Your Competitors are Advertising on Mobile are You?
Lots of companies had started advertising on Mobile, some of the statics of Mobile advertising are:
- Google’s gross revenue from mobile advertising is over US$1 billion per year
- U.S. mobile ad spending will grow from US$790 million in 2010 to $4 billion in 2015. Local ad spend will grow from US$404 million to $2.8 billion
- Global expenditure on mobile marketing and advertising in 2009 was $7.5 billion, forecasted to be $11.5 billion in 2010, $16.3 billion in 2011 and $21.2 billion in 2012.
Google had taken the initiate to mobilze your website with howtogomo, this website will help you in creating good mobile website. Howtogomo is wonderful website and provides you all necessarily information you need to know for mobile website. You can test your existing website, how it looks on mobile by using the gomo meter. So don’t make any delay and try to make your make your website mobile friendly as soon as possible.